CAWS FORMS FOR DOWNLOADING:
EMERGENCY MEDICAL VET CARE FOR LOW INCOME RESIDENTS:
United Animal Nations / Life Line Grants
Pet-owners can apply for to help with emergency vet needs ($100-300):
AAHA / Helping Pets Fund
Must be applied for by AAHA accredited Vet
Tails of Hope / Sponsor-A-Pet
Underwrites the cost of veterinary care for companion animals suffering from cancer or other life-threatening diseases whose owners cannot afford to pay for such care.
TIP LIST FOR OWNERS NEEDING TO RELINQUISH ANIMALS:
1) If you are a Delta County resident, you can become an official CAWS foster and foster the animal. We would place them on our website, Petfinder, etc and do all of the things we do to get animals adopted.
2) You can email firstname.lastname@example.org three photos and a description and we can put the animal on Petfinder as a courtesy listing but you would handle all calls and complete the adoption yourself.
3) Call these other local resources:
Delta County Humane: 970-874-2149; Surface Creek Shelter (Friends of Cedaredge Animal Control): 970-856-2346
4) You might also try contacting rescue groups and shelters in Ridgeway (Second Chance), Montrose and Grand Junction. They will occasionally take Delta County’s animals if you have exhausted your local resources. A free High Country Shopper ad may also help.
5) If you can identify the major breed of the animals, you may also be able to get help from a breed specific rescue group in Colorado. You’d be suprized how many there are and all you need to do is do a Google search for such a group.