Before you fall in love with that cute face…
Please take a moment to read about our adoption process.
The adoption of a companion animal should be a lifetime commitment. We want this to be the best match possible for the animal and you. Animals are not disposable objects and the decision to bring an animal into your life and home requires careful consideration.
Please ask yourself these questions…
- Why do I really want a pet?
- Is everyone in the family in agreement to get a pet?
- Does anyone in the family have allergies to animals?
- Can I afford to feed this pet a quality food and pay for medical expenses?
- Do I have a fenced yard to keep this dog safe?
- If I move, am I willing to take this pet with me?
- If I experience life changes (a new baby, divorce, illness) will I still keep this pet?
- Am I willing to deal with behavior problems (litter box issues, housetraining, chewing, barking, etc)?
- Do I really have time for a pet?
If you answered yes to all the above questions, the next step in the adoption process is to complete and submit an Adoption Application. We will review your application with you and help you access whether the animal you have chosen will be a good match for you and your family.
Before the pet is released, you will be asked to sign an Adoption Contract and pay the adoption fee.
Please understand that our questions are not meant to be intrusive or suspicious. Our goal is to place each pet into a safe, loving and permanent home. Each animal that comes to us has already experienced at least one broken bond. Together, we can insure that each pet receives the love and care that they so richly deserve!